Men's Residence Life
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-19 year!
The male residents of St. Joseph’s College, or Rangers as they are commonly known, are a small and close-knit group of 63 young men who live together in the heart of the University of Alberta campus. Like any other University of Alberta students, the Rangers enjoy a well-rounded University experience, which is aided by its location in the middle of campus. Most University classes are within walking distance and access to city transit is just outside of our doors.
The residence enjoys a wide variety of events including the Back@It BBQ, the Spirit Run and the Rangers formal. Residents have also been active participants in campus intramurals; the Rangers have won the Campus Cup for 30 straight years! A key part of the Rangers community the SJC cafeteria where our residents enjoy an all-you-can-eat meal plan.
Tours are available; please contact the Director of Residence to schedule a tour.
Click here to submit an application to the SJC Men's Residence for the 2018-19 year!
Every resident is required to follow the rules and regulations as noted below:
What is the cost of living at St. Joe's?
Cost Per Term (2017-18 year)
Room and Meal Plan
- Prices are subject to change.
- Residents are encouraged to pay their room and board fees online.
- Fees must be paid by academic term.
- Late payments are subject to a $60 interest charge per month. If payment on the required dates is problematic, please make appropriate arrangements with the Director of the Men’s Residence.
- If a resident decides to withdraw from a St. Joseph’s College residence during the academic year, the Director of Residence must be informed in writing. This resident will be responsible for paying the remainder of his rent unless alternate arrangements have been made with St. Joseph’s College.
- Should an incident warrant the expulsion of a resident from the St. Joseph’s College Residence, the College is under no obligation to refund any portion of his residence fees.
Student Group Fees
- The Men's Residence student group fee of $375 is mandatory and must be paid to the St. Joseph’s College House Committee by cash or cheque by September 1, 2017. Disciplinary action will follow for delinquent fee payments.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) and Your Residence Account
Due to the Federal FOIPP Act, we are unable to release any information about an applicant and/or resident to a third party (including roommates, parents and guardians) unless we receive written authorization from the applicant/resident.
If you would like to authorize a third party to access to your housing information, please complete the Information Release Authorization Form.
Please note, roommate information will only be provided if your roommate authorizes the release of their contact information.
For inquiries, please contact:
Director of Men's Residence
St. Joseph's College
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2J5