Women's Residence Life
Applications are now being accepted for the 2017-18 year!
The St. Joseph’s College Women's residence is a brand new building situated right in the heart of the U of A Campus. Students are welcome to apply regardless of their cultural, spiritual or academic backgrounds. The new women's residence accommodates 284 female students and has been designed with security in mind. There is 24-hour security of the building and resident living areas have secured access which means only residents and their guests can gain access to those areas.
The new residence is steps away from public transit (buses and the LRT), the Students Union Building, newly renovated athletic facilities, and the Faculties of Medicine & Dentistry, Education, Nursing, Science, ALES, Native Studies, Law, Physical Education & Recreation and the list goes on. Many shops and restaurants are also located nearby. Living in the women’s only residence means that you will have all the conveniences within close proximity, reducing time and generally making life easier for you.
Click here to submit an application to the SJC Women's Residence for the 2017-18 year!
Would you like a tour of the SJC Women's Residence? Let us know here and we'll get back to you soon to schedule a time.
Every resident is required to follow regulations as noted in the documents below:
What is the cost of living at St. Joe's?
Cost per Term
Please Note: The lunch meal plan for the Women's residence is on a first come, first serve basis. If you are accepted onto the meal plan, it will be an extra $220/month ($880/term) in addition to the prices above.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Residents are encouraged to pay their room and board fees online.
- Fees must be paid by academic term.
- Late payments are subject to a $60 interest charge per month. If payment on the required dates is problematic, please make appropriate arrangements with the Director of the Women’s Residence.
- If a resident decides to withdraw from a St. Joseph's College residence during the academic year, the Director of Residence must be informed in writing. This resident will be responsible for paying the remainder of his rent unless alternate arrangements have been made with St. Joseph’s College.
- Should an incident warrant the expulsion of a resident from the St. Joseph’s College Residence, the College is under no obligation to refund any portion of his residence fees.
Why choose St. Joe's?
- Close proximity to all amenities
You'll spend less time getting to classes, campus events, restaurants and shopping. Enjoy the simplicity and independence of apartment living with the comfort of knowing that assistance is nearby.
- All faculties on the North Campus are within a 7 minute walk or less
It doesn't get any more convenient than that!
- All rooms regardless of the configuration (1, 2 and 4 Bedroom Suites) are individually locked
Only you have access to your room.
- 24-hour restricted access to residential areas of the building
Provides you with a heightened level of safety. Security staff will be on-site in the evening and during the weekend.
- Brand New Facility
You will have everything you need to facilitate your time in residence and on campus; private rooms are furnished with a bed, desk, chair and clothing storage.
- 8 or 12 month leasing options
You won't need to move out during the Spring and Summer terms! First year students will also have the opportunity to reapply to stay for additional years. Rent includes wireless internet, heat, water and electricity.
- Many programs for residents to participate in
University life is not only study; there is a very important social aspect that goes with your time on campus. Residence programming is designed to help you build your social networks and put you in situations where you can develop new friendships. Programs include the annual Spirit Run, intramural sports programs and floor socials.
- Large common areas on every floor
Provides residents with areas to socialize or to participate in group study.
- Residence Life Assistants (RLA's) trained for individual resident support
Residents will have access to great orientation and mentoring programs and enjoy a safe and welcoming community.
- Campus Ministry
Campus ministry is available to all students regardless of faith to provide a friendly, non-judging, and confidential ear to help you with the challenges of student life.
Services and Facilities:
- Residence room layouts
- Communal kitchen for community gatherings
- Laundry facilities on every other floor
- Kitchenettes in every unit equipped with chairs, a common area table, fridge, stove, and microwave
- Study/social lounges on every floor
- Beautiful courtyard in front of the residence
- Access to St. Joseph's College's amenities, including library and student lounge
Student Group Fees
- A $250 mandatory residence fee (for an 8 and/or 12 month lease) will be required (cheque preferred, but visa and debit will be made available) on the day of move-in.
- A $125 fee will be required for those who have signed a 4 month lease. This fee assists with the community life of the residence.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) and Your Residence Account
Due to the Federal FOIPP Act, we are unable to release any information about an applicant and/or resident to a third party (including roommates, parents and guardians) unless we receive written authorization from the applicant/resident.
If you would like to authorize a third party to access to your housing information, please complete the Information Release Authorization Form.
Please note, roommate information will only be provided if your roommate authorizes the release of their contact information.
For inquiries, please contact:
Director of Women's Residence
St. Joseph's College
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2J5